Business Development has always been seen as the life blood of any agency. The chance to pitch your team against a group of competitors, and know your thinking has won through, lifts the whole team and provides fresh energy and momentum to your business.
Having a strong business development team is crucial if you are to compete in today’s crowded market place. Many agencies start by choosing from within their agency and so getting that person up to speed as quickly as possible is vital.
In order to help agencies in this very important area, eight years ago we created an intense five-session course singularly aimed at agency staff who were ‘new’ to new business.
Accredited by the IPA and IDM as contributing towards the Continuous Professional Development award scheme, the course provides both practical and theoretical advice, including recommendations on new business strategy, business development from existing clients, targeting and pitching techniques. In addition, participants gain practical experience of completing RFI’s, participating in Chemistry Meetings and receiving feedback.
At the start of the course, participants are divided into teams of four and compete against the other groups during the course.
- Week 1 – Background to new business, understanding clients, facts and figures, what makes people good at new business, how does new business/pitching vary by discipline, issue of RFI and Chemistry Meeting brief
- Week 2 – New business strategy (proactive v reactive), completing an RFI, running a New Business department
- Week 3 – Feedback on RFI, what makes a good chemistry meeting
- Week 4 – Live chemistry meetings
- Week 5 – Feedback on Chemistry Meetings, pitch experience from recent client
Course Chair: Martin Jones, Senior Managing Partner, AAR. Martin will be joined by leading figures from the New Business community along with senior AAR colleagues throughout the course.
Venue: The House of St Barnabas, 1 Greek Street, Soho Square, London W1D 4NQ.
Fees: £1,400 + VAT (AAR Subscribers), £1600 + VAT (AAR Non Subscribers).
Next course (5 Weekly Sessions): 3 March 2020 to 31 March 2020, each Tuesday morning from 9.00am – 10.30am.
Booking: 16 places only are available on this course.
Should anyone from your agency wish to attend, please email Kat at your earliest opportunity.