How to successfully move from managing the work to leading your people.
Many of us start our agency careers with a focus and passion for our craft. Before we know it, we’re managing not just ourselves but a team, often without any formal training or development support. As we move higher up the career ladder, increasingly we are called upon to be a leader.
But what does it take to be a leader in today’s agency world? How does it differ from managing? And how do you find the time and focus to make the transition with so much ‘stuff’ to do?
In this seminar, we’ll help you navigate the path from managing to leading with more focus and impact, and share our insights from working with established and emerging leaders across the agency landscape.
- What it takes to be a leader in today’s agency world
- How to develop your natural leadership style
- How to find the time and focus to lead
- Letting go and effective delegation
- The one powerful skill all great leaders possess
- Learn how to navigate the jump from managing the work to leading your people
- A chance to reflect and capitalise on your inherent leadership strengths
- Discover some of the steps you can take to accelerate your leadership progression
- Highly interactive session with access to practical leadership tools created especially for the agency world
Who should attend?
Those from across the agency world who have stepped – or just about to step – into more senior roles which carry not only responsibility for managing the work, but also the successful development of people.
About the presenters
Carole Lowe and Emma Shelton-Smith have both enjoyed successful agency careers, covering board level creative, strategy, client services, talent and operational roles between them. They created Slipstream in 2011 and now spend their time working with emerging and established leaders in the creative world, helping them and their businesses to perform at their best.
How to book
We open bookings roughly three weeks in advance of each seminar. To book a place, please email Ann-Marie confirming the name, job title and email address of your delegate and whether they’d prefer the morning or afternoon session.
NB: AAR seminars are exclusive to AAR subscribing agencies only. One place per agency, please!