Business Development has always been seen as the life blood of any agency. The chance to pitch your team against a group of competitors, and know your thinking has won through, lifts the whole team and provides fresh energy and momentum to your business.
Having a strong business development team is crucial if you are to compete in today’s crowded market place. Many agencies start by choosing from within their agency and so getting that person up to speed as quickly as possible is vital.
In order to help agencies in this very important area, seven years ago we created an intense five-session course singularly aimed at agency staff who were ‘new’ to new business.
The course provides both theoretical and practical advice, including recommendations on new business strategy, business development from existing clients, targeting, collateral materials and pitching techniques. In addition, participants gain practical experience of completing RFI’s, participating in Chemistry Meetings and receiving feedback.
At the start of the course, participants are divided into teams of four and compete against the other groups during the course.
- Week 1 – Sources of new business (including from existing clients); how to develop a new business strategy; how to create a proactive approach to new business; how to complete an RFI
- Week 2 – Working in a new business team; collateral materials – what works and what doesn’t
- Week 3 – Feedback on RFI’s; basics of Chemistry Meetings including do’s and don’ts
- Week 4 – Live Chemistry Meetings at which the teams will have the opportunity to participate in a ‘real’ session
- Week 5 – Feedback on Chemistry Meetings and what to do on Pitch Day; summary and award of certificates
Course Tutor: Martin Jones, Managing Partner, AAR
Venue: The House of St Barnabas, 1 Greek Street, Soho Square, London W1D 4NQ
Fees: £1,400 + VAT (AAR Subscribers), £1600 + VAT (AAR Non Subscribers)
Next course (5 Weekly Sessions): 17 September 2019 to 15 October 2019, every Tuesday morning from 9.00am – 10.30am
Booking: 16 places only are available on this course
Should anyone from your agency wish to attend, please email Kit at your earliest opportunity.