Clients are facing relentless internal and external challenges; from efficiency and effectiveness, market disruption and challenger brands to media inflation and supply chain problems. Which means clients need top advice, great strategy, and transformative ideas now more than ever.
The implications for retention plans have been further compounded by changing working behaviours and the adoption of hybrid working as the norm, which makes getting time with clients even trickier. And yet, it’s crucial if agencies want productive, meaningful dialogue that delivers mutual success.
The challenge is twofold:
- How do you evolve and confidently evidence excellent relationships both to the client and internally?
- How do you ensure that retention (and organic growth) is consistently seen as being as rewarding as new business, not just when it reaches crisis point?
Now is the time to openly examine the ways you, as an agency, discuss, reward and elevate retention. It should be as important in all the same ways as new business is.
Hear from two of AAR’s most experienced consultants, with different perspectives on the challenges and opportunities presented at the different life stages of a client/agency relationship, in our exclusive October seminar.
In this interactive seminar we will explore:
- How clients work, what’s on their minds and how to get meaningful time
- Why retaining a client starts from day one
- Is your MI good enough, and how it needs to evolve for today’s hybrid world
- How getting ahead of a problem is crucial, and why fine is never fine
- Insights from AAR research across the different life stages of client/agency relationships
- The shape and format of retention strategies
- Understand the changes in client behaviour, and how you need to adapt
- Explore and share ideas and issues of the day with your peer group
- Gain useful insight to help shape your MI programme and agency retention strategies across your client ecosystem
Who should attend?
All those responsible for managing and developing client working relationships e.g., Client Service Directors, Board and Group Account Directors.
About the presenters
Tony is Lead Consultant for Brand Strategy at AAR working with both clients and agencies. With an in-depth understanding of marketing and marketing communications having worked both sides of the fence he consults on a wide range of topics, from innovation and brand strategy to production and design. He is able to put vital context around business challenges and provides vital insights to help agencies compete more effectively.
He also runs the agency seminar programme ensuring it stays fresh and relevant to the shifting sands of our industry. He has judged many awards over the years and supported various trade bodies. Most recently he was invited to Chair the DMA Creative Committee.
Vicky leads the Marketing Ecosystem Drive Practice at AAR and works across all sectors, with heritage brands and scale ups including Co-op, CTM, DFS, BHF, HiBob, Pay.UK, ITV, NatWest, N Brown, Sage, Santander, Travelport. Vicky brings a wealth of client experience from a variety of sectors including FMCG, media & financial services, having worked client side with agencies from all disciplines and all shapes and sizes for over 20 years before joining AAR.
Vicky works with clients, agencies and in-house teams across all categories, all disciplines, UK and global, B2C and B2B. Specifically upskill and capability programmes, reviewing and diagnosing client/agency performance, ways of working reviews, transformation and reset initiatives.
Running this session online
We will be running one session only from 10am to 12.30pm on Wednesday 18 October 2023 via Zoom. If you or a colleague would like to participate, please do email us with name, job title, agency and email address on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to send you the Zoom conference details. We cannot process bookings without those details!
NB: AAR seminars are exclusive to AAR subscribing agencies only. A maximum of FIVE places per agency for our remote sessions, please.
Bookings will open on Monday 25 September 2023.