Join the AAR team: We’re hiring a Junior Business Manager
AAR is a business to business, marketing services consultancy. We work with brand marketers and with communications agencies to help both maximise their business potential. We’ve put together some of the most successful partnerships in the creative space, we’ve helped leading organisations to better appreciate creativity, we’ve trained complex companies to work more effectively with their agencies and we’ve reviewed and recommended the optimal agency model to household brands. We position ourselves as Experts in Marketing Ecosystems and you can read more about our work on our website.
We’ve been based in the heart of London’s West End since 1975 and, although we’ve relocated to our kitchen tables for now, we hope to return to our home at Oxford Circus at some point in the near future!
We’re a team of 12 consultants and business managers. We’re also an Employee Owned Trust, meaning all of our staff indirectly own the business. This sense of shared ownership and emphasis on team is culturally extremely important to us, so our newest recruit will need to be able to work in a flat structure, roll up their sleeves and help support their colleagues. The sense of the collective is important to us at AAR.
Behaving with integrity, honesty, empathy and candour are central to our personality as an organisation and our new colleague would need to share those values. We also like to have fun, so a sense of humour is always a positive! We’re ambitious, creative, forward-facing and always looking to improve our offering to our clients. So you’ll need to embrace change, have a hunger for knowledge, be flexible and be able to show initiative. We give our staff room to develop so there is always the opportunity to grow with the right attitude and aptitude.
About the role
We’re recruiting for a Junior Business Manager to join our team. Working into our two Business Managers, you’ll be supporting the Business Managers and our team of Consultants across all of our practice areas. Key tasks include:
- Business management on live briefs across our Design, Build and Drive practices:
- Key point of liaison with clients, agencies and any additional stakeholders
- Document and materials control and distribution
- Database maintenance
- Meeting scheduling and itinerary development
- Drafting briefs and agendas
- Proofing and editing all outbound communications in Word and PPT
- Fielding media calls appropriately
- Supporting Lead Consultants as required, including attending meetings
- Our Junior Business Manager will have the opportunity to input into our strategic response to each client challenge, learning from and shadowing our highly experienced Lead Consultants
- Agency liaison:
- Maintaining contact and dialogue with key staff at communications agencies
- Recording any staff moves on AAR’s in-house database
- Helping to deliver our regular programme of online Town Hall discussions
- Marketing and New Business support:
- Assisting our Business Managers to deliver any marketing and/ or new business campaigns including email marketing, webinars, research, surveys and reports
- Events support:
- Assisting our Business Managers to deliver any events, either virtual or in person, including our rolling seminar programme, Business Development Apprenticeship, Quizzes, Christmas Drinks, Panel Events etc. as required
Our ideal candidate: Must haves
- Ideally an individual with 1 -2 years’ experience within the marketing or creative services industry
- A passion for communications and the communications industry
- Great communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and to work to deadlines
- A flexible, adaptable approach
- Ability to take direction, to support colleagues, to be a team player
- Ability to show proactivity and initiative
- Reliability and punctuality
- Attention to detail
- Diary management and meeting scheduling skills
- Competency on Microsoft packages including Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Experience of database work and CRM management
Our ideal candidate: Nice to haves
- Experience of video conferencing platforms (Zoom, WebEx etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML email platforms (Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp etc.)
- Experience of survey builds and analysis (Survey Monkey and Qualtrics)
- Knowledge of WordPress and Umbraco website platforms
- Experience with InDesign and Adobe packages
- Experience of running LinkedIn paid advertising campaigns
- Basic Google Analytics and SEO knowledge
- Email marketing experience
- Newsletter or B2B communications experience
We’re offering in the range of £25,000 – £30,000 p/a for the right candidate.
Working hours are 9.00 – 5.30 with 20 days holiday each year and this role is for five days a week, Monday to Friday.
We’re happy to discuss other aspects of the package directly with candidates at interview stage.
Please send us your CV along with a covering note or introductory video explaining why you’d like to join us by 31st January 2021 to email@example.com.
We’ll try our best to respond to all candidates by the end of February 2021.