AAR is proud to support the Conscious Advertising Network
The Conscious Advertising Network (CAN) is a voluntary coalition supported by ISBA whose mission is to stop advertising abuse. In a world where brands can find their advertising sitting alongside fake news and extremist content, CAN’s purpose is to act as a catalyst for brands, agencies and adtech to consciously change the way they operate and ensure that industry ethics catch up with the technology of modern advertising.
Launched in January this year and already supported by 30 organisations including ISBA, CAN offers six different guiding manifestos:
- Ad fraud should be eradicated
- The industry and content it produces should be as diverse as we are
- Neither hate speech nor deliberately misleading ‘fake news’ should be funded by brands
- Consent should be informed and people seen as active participants in their online experience
- And, as forms of advertising to or around children evolve, so should the safeguards to their wellbeing.
To find out more, please visit the CAN website where you can download the manifestos, sign up as a supporter of these important principles and embed them in your internal policies, creative guidelines and briefs.
Many congratulations to Jake Dubbins, Harriet Kingaby and the CAN Steering Committee for all of their hard work in making this happen.