TripAdvisor appoints Havas Media and Mother to global accounts
In 2020 TripAdvisor will be 20 years old, during which time it has achieved global fame. But while the brand is well known it’s not known well in what it can offer beyond reviews. And there’s a generation for whom Instagram is the go to platform for inspiration, and for which TripAdvisor has no relevance.
If Trip Advisor is to be around for the next 20 years (and more) this has to change.
The challenge for Lindsay Nelson, recently appointed President of Core Experience, and her team was two-fold:
- To find the right media and creative agency partners to deliver strategic evolution with creative revolution and, perhaps more importantly
- To find agency partners that could help sell her vision internally to the TripAdvisor executive and wider company, who had been feeding on a diet of performance driven comms almost exclusively since the business launched.AAR’s role was a combination of collaborator, confidant, consigliere, co-ordinator, co-creator, challenger and confidence builder. Often all at the same time!
Havas Media and Mother are just starting out on this journey alongside TripAdvisor, all of whom are excited by the work that’s going to be delivered.
Reflecting on AAR’s support, Lindsay gave three reasons for working with AAR:
- They know their stuff so you can focus on what’s most important to you
- They’ll keep you honest, helping you make the best decision for you and your business
- They take the pain out of pitching, making it an enjoyable experience for you